In October 2013, passenger traffic rose by 2.8% for a 1.2% increase in capacity. As a result, the load factor increased by 1.3 points to 84.0%. The Group carried 6.9 million passengers (+2.0%). Unit revenue per available seat kilometer (RASK) ex-currency was up relative to October 2012.
- On the Americas network, traffic rose by 2.4% for capacity up by 2.9%. The load factor was slightly lower (-0.4 points) at 88.4%. Capacity growth was driven by the development of the Latin American network (+7.4%), with capacity growth to North America remaining low (+0.7%).
- The Asia network posted a 4.5% increase in traffic for capacity up by 3.7%, the load factor gaining 0.7 points to 85.9%.
- On the Africa and Middle East network, traffic was down by 1.0% for stable capacity (-0.2%), the load factor standing at 79.2%, down by 0.6 points.
- The Caribbean and Indian Ocean network was dynamic: traffic was up by 7.7% for capacity up 3.5%, the load factor increasing by 3.3 points to 84.0%.
- On the European network, traffic increased by 1.4% while capacity was down by 3.9%. The load factor rose by 4 points, reaching the high level of 78.2%.
Cargo recorded a 3.3% drop in traffic for capacity down by 1.2%, leading to a 1.5 point decline in load factor to 65.1%. Unit revenue per available ton kilometer (RATK) ex-currency decreased compared with October 2012.
Air France-KLM continued its development in rapidly-growing long-haul markets.
- In Brazil, the fifth weekly KLM flight between Amsterdam and Rio de Janeiro, launched in April 2013, was prolonged to the Winter 2013-2014 season. Furthermore, starting from 31st March 2014, Air France will serve Brasilia with three weekly frequencies on departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
- In February 2014, KLM will launch its service to Santiago de Chile (Chile), in addition to the daily Air France flight.
- In Indonesia, as of 30th March 2014, Air France will operate a new daily service to Jakarta, with a stop over in Singapore, on departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle. This new service will supplement the KLM offer with a daily flight to Jakarta on departure from Amsterdam-Schiphol.
Source / Author: KLM