Boeing (NYSE: BA) delivered 762 commercial airplanes in 2015, 39 more than the previous year and most ever for the company as it enters its centennial year.
„The Boeing team has worked hard to achieve strong performance,” said Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Ray Conner. „Our team did a fantastic job achieving higher deliveries and getting our products to our customers as quickly and efficiently as possible. This will continue to be our focus.”
In 2015, Boeing recorded 768 net orders, valued at $112.4 billion at current list prices. At year end, Boeing held 5,795 unfilled orders from customers worldwide.
„We had a solid year of orders in 2015, maintaining a strong, balanced backlog that will help ensure a steady stream of deliveries for years to come,” said Conner.
Worldwide demand for air travel has continued to be robust, said Randy Tinseth, Vice President, Marketing, Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
„Global passenger traffic in most key regions is increasing,” said Tinseth. „Our customers continue to perform well in the marketplace and we’ll continue to support them with the industry’s best products and services.”
In addition to the orders and deliveries, the company marked a number of other milestones in 2015:
- Five customers received their first 787 Dreamliners, including Royal Air Maroc, Scoot, American Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Vietnam Airlines
- The 747 team delivered the 100th 747-8, the 767 program received its largest single order ever from FedEx and the 777 program announced a 2 percent fuel improvement package
- The newly expanded Seattle Delivery Center opened its doors to pave the way for increased 737 production
- The first 737 MAX rolled out of the factory in December
- The 787-10 team completed detailed design of the newest member of the 787 family, while the 777X reached firm configuration, allowing the team to begin detailed design of parts, assemblies and other systems for the airplane
„Our newest development products are on schedule and poised to provide world-class value to our customers,” said Conner. „We could not have accomplished all we did in 2015 without the support and hard work of our employees, suppliers, partners and the community.”
Orders, deliveries and unfilled orders as of Dec. 31, 2015, by program were as follows:
|Family||Gross Orders||Net Orders||Deliveries||Unfilled Orders|
Source / Author: Boeing