On 20th December 1918 in Warsaw School of Air Force was officially opened. It was located in airport in Mokotów, and its first commander became captain Jan Malczewski. The school ran until the fall of 1919 (it changed its name in May 1919 – II School of Pilots) because of fire and a lot of units quartering at the airport. It was moved to Cracow. In almost a year the school educated 40 pilots.