In the aerospace & defense sector, Paris Region is renowned for its specialist focus on R&T, for its vast network of skills centers and for a manufacturing capability with particular strength in aircraft engine and navigation equipment production.
Presence of major global leaders in aircraft and equipment manufacturing
35% of the sector’s direct employees work for four large companies:
– Airbus Group (14 sites), Dassault (4 sites), Safran (10 sites) and Thales (11 sites)
– Major production facilities
– Airbus Defence and Space: prime contractor on major space programs
– Dassault Aviation: military aircraft fuselages and primary components
– Safran: jet engines and components
– Airbus Helicopters: design and production of helicopter rotor blades
– Leading systems and equipment manufacturers: Zodiac, Lisi Aerospace, UTC, etc.
A center of excellence in R&T:
Paris Region hosts the lion’s share of the total French workforce involved in aerospace R&T:
90% for business aviation
60% for propulsion and equipment
50% for space transportation
A wide range of aerospace education and training opportunities:
Paris Region is also a center of excellence for training tomorrow’s technicians, engineers and researchers. The region’s higher education institutions currently offer 128 courses in this field – 45 university courses, 54 in engineering schools and 43 in other types of organization.
Source / Author: PARIS REGION ENTREPRISES
Graphonc: PARIS REGION ENTREPRISE