On 25th April 1941 there was established No. 304 (Land of Silesia) Polish Bomber Squadron. It was established in Bramcote on 22nd August 1940 as a first Polish light bomber squadron. At first it was equipped with aircrafts Fairey Battle and then with Wellington aircrafts. The squadron fought in Coastal Command and its task was to patrol, detect and fight German submersibles.