Rockwell Collins unveiled 'Simulation and Training – a high realism look ahead,’ a new eBook at the Interservice/Industry Training Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) 2012. The eBook shares a vision for the future of the simulation and training industry and examples of program excellence.
“This is a work that discusses what’s working well and what the future looks like for simulation and training,” said LeAnn Ridgeway, vice president and general manager of Simulation & Training Solutions for Rockwell Collins. “We wanted to share what we see to be the major trends influencing the simulation and training industry. As a leader in the industry, we feel it’s our responsibility to stay ahead of the changing simulation and training landscape working with partners to bring greater value to customers.”
The eBook also contains case studies of ground and air vehicle simulation and training program excellence.
Application of Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) training technology is a future trend that will provide users with a robust, intensive training environment that can fully integrate live participants from disparate worldwide locations – including test ranges – with the highest-fidelity virtual scenarios and constructive elements. With it, mission training and rehearsal experiences are as close to real as they can get. The eBook details some of the latest developments in LVC training.
Other trends covered in the eBook include:
· Increasing use of extremely complex immersive environments
· Next generation Air Traffic Management dramatically changing human factors across aviation
· Declining military budgets driving the need for more simulated training
· Growing adoption of gaming technology
· Increasing demand for mobile tablet and smart phone training
· Growth in emerging international markets driving industry collaboration
Source/Author: Rockwell Collins